spring

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our move to Seattle this far

Wow!  What an adventure this is already and it's just beginning!  We are finally here but we are living with the 12 bags we took with us on the plane plus 2 car seats, and yes I said 12 bags!!!!!  It was nuts, but we did it.  We couldn't have done it without a friend of our that was on our flight, Sharon Whitener.  So we get to the airport and Zach's family came to say bye.  They helped us get all the luggage figured out and checked in.  We then had to carry the rest of the 4 carry-ons and the few hand bags we had.  We get to security super fast which was a blessing but getting through was a trip.  I haven't flown in a while so I forgot that you have to put your liquids in a separate bin.  So here I am scrambling through 4 bags to get all the liquids out and I don't remember where anything is because we just kind of threw stuff in the bags.  Once we have done that our stuff is EVERYWHERE!  I was feeling really bad for the people behind us, but what are you suppose to do when Anna wants to run and I'm carrying Kali and Zach is carrying 3 bags and trying to keep Anna close?  We did it but it was insane.  Good thing I wore shorts that didn't need a belt cause I didn't need that too!  Once I went through the medal detector the guy had to check my hands for metal and I also had to stand there for a few minutes probably because I looked frantic!  What do you expect when I'm carrying one kid and trying to keep track of another one.  We finally get on the plane and Anna only saw the take off, she was out after like 10 minutes and slept through the landing....isn't that nuts!  When we took off she said she was scared but she did really good.  Kali also slept most of the way on either of our laps.  When we got to the airport to find our bags Sharon offered to help take half of our luggage to the place we were staying.  I don't think we could have done it without her because all of our bags wouldn't have fit in our rental car for sure.  We would have had to take at least 2 trips.  I felt super bad though because she took off to our hotel and had to wait for us because they wouldn't just let them drop our stuff off.  We hurried as fast as we could but had to take a bus to the rental car place and then try to carry everything to our car after that.  We just were SO grateful for her and the huge blessing that it was to not have to try to go back and forth to the airport.

Today we have been apartment hunting and we realize that we may have to be in a way smaller place then we would like but I guess that is part of the adventure.  I would love to be in a home but I'm afraid with the time we have that may not be possible.  I just hope and pray that the Lord will guide us to where we need to be.  It's hard to know what to do at this point.

No comments: