It amazes me what people say to pregnant woman. I mean isn't it enough that:
-We have this huge belly that may look like we are carrying twins
-Yes we have a hard time sleeping
-Yes we have to use the bathroom often
-Yes it can be uncomfortable
-No I can't predict when I will go into labor
-No my baby hasn't dropped and probably won't till I'm in labor...
-Most importantly the only person that really knows when this baby will come is the Lord, so ask him and if you get an answer let me know cause he sure isn't letting me in on the secret...
-And NO I don't want a c section but well sometimes in life we just have to be okay with the things that we do have.
(Have any others you'd like to add?)
*But in all seriousness I really don't mind being pregnant. I guess my challenges are in other ways. I don't throw up everyday, I don't get horrible heart burn, I don't have a horrible time sleeping. (yes I get up to go the bathroom often and wish I could sleep longer but who wouldn't). She doesn't hang out in my ribs because I don't have a small torso. I'm very lucky I will admit. Now this time around I sure pray that it is easier to have a newborn because that was difficult. Between hormones that are whacked, trying to figure out nursing, worrying about my weight and the babies, and not understanding what all the babies signs are so therefore not knowing what to do when the baby cries. Feeling overwhelmed with everyone wanting to take your baby from you, whether you like it or not. These are just some of the reasons it was hard. I realize I will go through most of them again. I just pray I have the strength to go through all of that without going crazy...seriously! Or without having an emotional breakdown and saying things that I will regret. If I say anything stupid to any of you I'm truly sorry.
2 comments:
We are praying for you! I'm sorry this has been so stressful for you...but you know what? You are going to do great! I know that having a newborn was extremely hard on you last time, but now that you know more of what to expect I know it'll be easier for you. Have you had a priesthood blessing? Get a few of those, they will bring you a lot of comfort!
I love what the timeline at the top of your blog says, "Okay, Okay, I'll admit it, I really like it in my mommy, but I'm finally ready to go! I should be here by now!" Isn't that feel like the truth?
Don't worry about tomorrow morning. If you have her via c-section or vaginally you will have a beautiful little baby that you will absolutely love! It won't be as traumatic as last time because you've already been there and done that! Good luck!
Post a Comment