spring

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

...crazy couple weeks part 2 (Katie's wedding)

So after getting to Mesa Saturday morning about 9am we picked up a few pizzas and headed to a Shumway Family reunion.  It was a lot of fun seeing some people I haven't seen in a long time. To name a few my Aunt Ione, my Grandma and Grandpa Pearce, Brian and his family, Spencer, and Maylene.  After the reunion I went to Andreas to help set up for Katie's shower.  It was a lot of fun talking to Annika, Kira and many others there.  Emily came and Jolie(who was the girl who became rs president after I left the singles ward).  I would say that it went really well and that Katie got lots of great things.

The rest of the week was full of getting wedding stuff, playing with cousins, and trying to be outside as much as possible in the amazing weather.  It was seriously like 90*.  I couldn't believe how hot it was already and it is only February.  Some of my favorite things we did was go to the park, go to jump zone, did a family bbq, picked lemons for lemonade for the reception, and got many of my things I my check list done!  Yay!  Saturday morning Katie needed a brooch and so off I went trying to find one.  I first went to Joanns and got some little pearl thing and then I left and went to an antique store on main street by the temple.  I felt like that is where I should go so off I went.  They didn't open till 10 but I was able to get in and find something pretty quick.  I then went and dropped it off with my Mom at the temple and headed back to get Zach to go to the temple.  One of the funniest parts of the sealing was Nathan's 99 year old Grandma.  She said oh Nathan it was so horrible but it turned out so great.  It was super funny and everyone heard it.  But yay for being married!  We then headed off to the luncheon.  It was a beautiful afternoon and it was great to be around loved ones.  We then headed to the church to open it at 3pm for Kitty who was coming to do the cake.  She did a wonderful job!  We then went and got everyone ready and did pictures and enjoyed a wonderful evening of visiting with family and friends.  I truly do miss my friends and family in AZ!  I feel so blessed to have grown up in such a wonderful place.  I don't know what the future has in store for our family but I feel so blessed that I was able to be there this last weekend.  We may have drove Natalie and Dallas crazy with messes and chaos but we appreciate there hospitality.

Right after the reception was over and we cleaned up some we headed back to Oklahoma!  It was a little crazy but we felt like we just needed to get out of town.  It is so nice to be home.  After a long and exhausting couple weeks it was so nice to just sit down and hold my little girls and watch Frozen with my girls. 

No comments: