spring

Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Baby Girl pictures

Baby girl was officially born at 6:25pm on February 7th, 2014.  I thought I would add some of the more fun pictures that explain the story a little better.  We are so lucky to have our beautiful girl with us.  In case you missed the measurements she was born at 9 lbs 8 oz and was 20.4 inches long.  I think i've told people 9lbs 9 oz but it was more like 8.7 oz and they round down so I guess we should say 8 oz.  She is healthy and happy as long as we are holding her.  Anna and Kali are going to be pretty jealous I'm sure.  We still haven't decided on a name yet but we have a few choices.  I think #1 right now is Bonnie, #2 is Elizabeth and #3 is Audrey.  I don't know why it has been so hard to decide on a name for her but we just haven't been able to come to a decision.  Anyway, I'm sure Christy will explain more later.  For now enjoy the pictures.


Shortly after getting everything hooked up.  Christy got poked twice and they still ended up in her hand. :(  Here she is sitting on the ball leaning forward to keep the baby off mama's back.



Doing some laps around the maternity center. It was pretty empty which was very nice.  I think there were only two other rooms occupied out of the 10 that were there.



In a clear liquid diet Popsicles are king!



Christy's face after the 2nd time they put in the epidural.  Seriously I think they stuck her like 5 times overall.  The first time didn't work so the anesthesiologist came back to do it again.  The second time they punctured the spinal corridor causing the medicine to leak into her spinal fluid.  This gave her an instant headache which went away quickly once the medicine started working but she could have a headache for the next week which is no fun.  



This picture was only a couple of minutes after baby girl was born.  The midwife Leanna immediately handed Christy the baby and she lay there for probably half an hour before we tried breast feeding.  It made the experience so much more special and intimate for us.  It was nice this time because while pushing it was just us, our nurse Anna and the midwife Leanna.  They were an awesome team and did exactly what Christy needed.  I'm so grateful that they were able to help us in this experience. Once baby girl was born a few more people came in to help take care of her but it was still very quiet and respectful. Such a different experience than both of the last deliveries we have had.



Mommy and Daddy bonding with baby girl.



Our girls got to come see here only an hour after she was born.  I don't think they quite understand but I'm sure they will soon.  They are crazy and were trying to get into everything.



While Kali is trying to see mommy here she noticed the food tray right behind her very quickly and of course was trying to eat everything on it.  That girl loves her food!  



Kali checking out the baby and Momma.



Daddy daughter picture.  This pretty much sums it up.



Family picture!  Sorry it's so whited out.  I put the flash setting a little too high.  Ooops.



Grandma and baby girl.



The Big Sisters!  (This is their "show me your shirt" pose)



Mommy and baby!  Both are doing very well and we are so happy everything went so perfectly.  Our prayers were answered in so many ways.  Heavenly Father is truly great to us.



Aren't they beautiful! 



Kisses!



More Kisses!



We love baby Sister!


No comments: