Anna was hard hands down. She is so fun now but having her was difficult, nursing was horrible at first and the first few months of pregnancy I wondered who this person was that was living inside my body. Kali has been a lot easier. I think in some ways I new what to expect but she is a pretty happy baby. Nursing is getting a lot easier and emotionally I think I've handled having her around much better. I choose to get out of the house often and to try to still do the things I love to do. Things like cooking, doing crafts, going to parks, or just getting out of the house to take a walk. It has helped keep me remain sane and I truly think it has helped me be a better Mother. The biggest challenge for me right now is feeling like I'm being a good Mother to Anna. I have not been as patient with her as I should be and I need to do better. But overall I really feel I'm going to really enjoy being a Mother to both of my beautiful daughters. I can't believe it, I'm a Mother of 2!
spring
Friday, October 14, 2011
My thoughts about being a Mother of 2
There is nothing like being a Mother. When I had Anna it was as if I woke up one day and reality hit me that I was having a baby and that I would soon be a Mother. Little did I know what that would in tale. I knew the basics I mean how hard can it be, my Mom raised 8 kids. I just have to say that being a Mom IS NOT EASY. Yes it can bring about great blessings and tremendous amounts of joy but it is also a lot of work. I remember in High School playing sports and doing lots of extra curricular things to keep myself busy and because I loved it. Well then I left High School and a few years later became a Mom and my life has done a complete 180. I mean I'm still me it's just not all about me anymore. It can be hard at times to feel like you are progressing or learning new things. I guess in High School I felt like a lot of people looked up to me and that I really did make a difference on my teams and in school. Well now I've had to refocus and find new hobbies and new ways to make a difference. I know that my "job" as a Mother is probably one of the most important things I will accomplish on this Earth. It is a big responsibility and one that I believe Heavenly Father has entrusted to me to help me become who he wants me to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Christy, I am SO happy for you. They say the second time around is the easiest- even easier than 3 or 4 or however many children we decide to have. I am glad to hear you are doing well- I have been thinking about you a lot. Let me know if you need anything- even if it's just to come change a diaper that you can't bring yourself to change. I'm a text message or a phone call away!
Being a Mom IS hard! I know you are doing a great job. I'm glad Kali is a pretty happy baby. It makes life so much easier!
Post a Comment